Arts & Entertainment Access Committee Survey
We are seeking information about the movie and live theater access experiences of our HLAA chapter members and others with hearing loss. Below are sample questions to guide you in your response.
- Does your local movie theater offer captioning?
- If yes, does the movie theater have a sign indicating that captioning devices are available?
- Was a staff member thorough in explaining how to use the captioning equipment if this was your first time?
- Has your experience with movie captioning been positive or negative? How?
- Have you had to take your captioning device back after the movie started? If so, why?
- Does your local live theater offer open captioned performances? If yes, did you find the captions satisfactory? Why or why not?
- Can you benefit from assistive listening devices? If so, what was your experience like using them at the movies and live theater in your area?
Thank you on behalf of HLAA-PA.
Kay & Alan
Kay Tyberg and Alan Kutner
THE AMAZING WALK 4 HEARING 2016
Yes we had rain and wind but the crowd came with umbrellas, babies in strollers, dogs with raincoats. All were spirited and, miraculously, when the actual Walk began, the rain stopped and off we went. In the words of our Chair Ronnie Adler, “It proves that our walkers would not let it rain on our parade”. We thank all our wonderful, devoted volunteers who worked more than their shifts to make this day successful for all those with hearing loss. We will see you again in 2017!